This church values
- Discipleship: We are intentional about growing towards maturity.
- Fellowship: We encourage opportunities to experience biblical community.
- Service: We equip people to develop their spiritual gifts, and release people to use them.
- The Word: We apply the Scriptures to daily life.
- Witness: We are on mission, being a witness both across the street and across the world.
Our Vision is where we intend to go; a preferred future; a picture of what could be. An intentional focus on formation – the kind of people we are becoming.
Equipped to LOVE DEEPLYOf all the commandments, which is the most important?”…”The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this…Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. (Mark 12:28-30)
This means people equipped to:
- Understand the spiritual disciplines of prayer, bible reading & fasting
- Grow in understanding of God and His ways
- Participate in mentoring
- Identify ways to connect with God and hear His voice
- Create opportunities for encounter with God
- Promote milestones and anchor points in their Christian journey
What does it mean for me to love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength?
Equipped to LIVE PASSIONATELYThe second is this; Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these. (Mark 12:31)
This means people equipped to support and strengthen their family life, their church life and their community life.
Who is my neighbor that I am called to love?
Equipped to SERVE WILLINGLYAnd you will be witnesses in Jerusalem, in Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
This means people equipped to:
- Understand their spiritual gifts; identify their calling/passion;
- Know what ministry opportunities are available; understand where they fit.
- Reach out together; allow God to touch their heart when confronted by brokenness
- Be involved in the community.
How am I going to serve in a broken world? Where do I see God at work, so that I can join him there?
Ways our vision can be described
✞ We value the idea of BEING before DOING; the concept “Be Still” has a higher significance.
✞ Church is a safe place, where we provide hope; those in the local community are assured of love and acceptance; people understand that they have great value in God’s sight.
✞ We are a people holding out a heart of love for those who might be looking the other way from Jesus right now; people who are hurting are served by people who have Jesus’ heart.
✞ The church reflects the demographic of the community we are called to reach; yet we live different to the world, and outsiders find it desirable.
✞ We embrace the value of sharing our faith, and we reach out beyond the walls of the church; we have broken down barriers to the local community, having found bridges to enable contact, and to bring hope.
✞ We are active in mission – local; cross-cultural; in our workplace; in our neighbourhoods; we see more people becoming followers of Jesus.
✞ Authentic faith (with vibrancy and life) is lived out; discipling and mentoring between people happen as they travel this journey of life together.
✞ We are made up of interconnected communities of disciples who learn, apply and share their faith.
✞ Clear pathways exist for people to take steps in their journey of faith towards further maturity; parents are equipped to disciple their own children.
✞ There is a heightened evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, both individually and corporately; we see evidence of growth in maturity.
✞ People have a better understanding of their spiritual gifts and opportunities to serve; everyone is involved.
✞ The lights come on for people as they receive God’s truth; there are Aha “breakthrough” moments; people’s priorities begin to change.